1.08.2012

Long, but Happy Week :)

This week was so long. Seriously, it felt like every day was a week in itself! It was rough getting back to the swing of work, but it was so fun to get back around the kids. I had a great week and started on some new music with them. It's so nice this year to be able to teach the kids quickly and they really are starting to grow as a group :) Very blessed by my job and my kids!

Tuesday was me and Nathan's 3rd wedding anniversary! We celebrated in our traditional way. On our first anniversary, we bought two matching plates to have our anniversary dinners on.


We always celebrate with mostaccioli dinner and champagne in our wedding flutes! We also always buy each other the modern and traditional gifts for that anniversary. For our first anniversary, I gave him a drawing of his favorite wedding picture because the traditional gift was paper.



He gave me a clock since that was the modern gift!



 So for our third anniversary I gave him the traditional gift of leather with a new leather office chair!! He has been begging for one since we got married, so he is in heaven! He gave me a set of crystal wine glasses (modern gift) that matches our anniversary dishes perfectly! Love!



It was a wonderful night with my husband and I am so blessed by him every day! I can't believe it's already been three perfect years!

So after our anniversary, the week was pretty full with school stuff. Some of my students had their All Region clinic/concert Saturday and that was so rewarding to see them on stage! Nathan came out to have lunch with us at Chili's with the kids and we had a blast!

Today was our first day back to Sunday School since 2011 ended, so we were pretty pumped about that! We attended Jerusicho for the first time and it was a great service! Custer Road is starting a new service based on missions for the community called "Jerusicho". You can learn more about it at www.jerusicho.org.  After some worship and word from Tim, we wrote letters to veteran's in the VA hospitals, wrote letters to troops coming home and wrote to active servants in the military. It was a pretty cool thing to know that someone somewhere will feel the love and blessings from our church and me. I pray that my letter may help them in some way through their journey. Looking forward to going again soon!!

Our class is starting a new relationship study this month based on the 5 Love Languages book.


Nathan and I took the assessment ahead of time and found out that our Love Languages differ! There are 5 Love Languages: Words of Affirmation, Giving of Gifts, Acts of Service, Physical Touch and Quality Time.  It was SO COOL to find out our Love Languages because now we will do more acts based on each others' findings. Stay tuned to find out more about this study and our love languages!

I have also completed 1 week of my 14 day Ab Challenge and already feel like I have a much stronger core. Will let you know at the end of this week if it was worth it ;-) Only got in two runs this week...Monday night 3.10 miles and today I ran 5 miles. Wish I had more time for running and I am going to make a better effort to go this week! I am determined to make 2012 an even more fit year than last!

I hope everyone has a fabulous week! Ours will be a 4 day week as we are headed to my cousin's wedding in Kansas City on Friday.

Love and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment