1.01.2012

A New Year off to a Lovely Start!


Last night we celebrated New Year's Eve with some amazing friends! I started out the day by having banana pancakes at the Original Pancake House with the hubby...yum!! Then we finished cleaning our house, which feels amazing because everything is SO organized and ready for the new year.

After cleaning I decided to go out for a quick run, 3.10 miles (5K distance) to get a run in so I could have some champagne calories later! ;-) Relaxed for a bit and then the fun began!!

We went to dinner with Christina, Rob, Ray, Brooke, Jay and Zoe at the Londoner. Funtimes were had by all! Christina had a great quote of the night about "living" it up, so I wore my cute dress from my bachelorette party 3 years ago! Here are a few pics from dinner:





 After dinner we headed over to Megan and Jason's house for their annual New Year's Eve Party! Megan and Jason are members of our New Directions Sunday School class, and we also hung with Christina and Rob, and Cristen and John who are also members of our SS class. We had a blast and definitely all agree 2012 will be an amazing and exciting year for the New Directions (and new additions!!!!!)  

So now begins 2012! This has been a LAZY day, but I did start an Abs Workout challenge I read about on Pinterest today.
 
 
***Ah Pinterest, how you have changed my life and so many others' lives as well!***
 
 
Not only did I get inspiration to do the 14-day Abs challenge, but also saw a cute way to display the guidelines! I'll let you know if I see results after the 14 days, but  at least I feel the abs hurting now! ;-)

Nathan and I decided to play a few games today as well, which is always our favorite pasttime on lazy days. We'll finish out the first day of 2012 with black eyed peas, wild rice and pasta-roni. There is NO way I am cooking (other than heating up some pasta, rice and beans) on my last day of break!
Tomorrow I go back to work, and Nathan goes back Tuesday...don't know why my district is the only one who has to work/have students back tomorrow, but I am excited to see them :-) I know 2012 will be an amazing year at school and in our home with our families and friends.
CHEERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment